I'm done with LPP...Ya, you know me!

What's LPP? 
Low back pain,
Poor posture (or belly pooch),
Peeing a little....

So are you done with it too?

Did you even realize you had the trifecta of signs for pelvic floor weakness and Diastasis Recti? (Diastasis recti is splitting of the abs that can happen during pregnancy and doesn't always heal on its own.)

I may not LOOK like I have Diastasis Recti (DR) (the "mommy pooch") but I have what I call the "invisible signs" of DR and pelvic floor weakness. Constant and daily low back pain, poor posture and peeing (you mean, sneezing isn't supposed to do that to you!?) 

*Many of you might have a "mommy tummy" that just won't go away- that is another common sign of DR s...one that is just as annoying as pain if not worse because you SEE it and it affect you daily to not get the results you work so hard for. Not everyone has that, we have pain. 

I have been vocal in the past about my Diastasis Recti after both pregnancies. Also talked about how I was managing to heal it and protect myself from pain. I did physical therapy for pelvic floor related low back pain but never finished the whole series and didn't do it religiously enough.  Then I got busy, and excited about lifting heavy, I didn't continue to take precautions and pain came back, with a vengeance!

In the past I couldn't even lift my leg to put socks on, physical therapy helped with that over a year ago. But like I said, it's back...and just recently I've begun to have so much pain that I didn't want to walk, let alone lift. Any baby wearing (my favorite way to get around) was not comfortable. My DR split has widened again also.

So I am back to focusing on posture and pain while healing, and have been given an awesome opportunity to try the MuTu System to try and accomplish this.
I will still be working out, I have classes to teach! But you may notice modifications to my form (see picture...) pushups are not ok with DR but I have to instruct workouts as the class needs and my problem is not 100% my DR split, it's more of a pelvic thing.

So keep your eyes and ears out for how it's going along the way. It's a 12 week program and I plan to be done before my 36th birthday!   Next update will be in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment